The Report menu includes functions for viewing and generating various types of reports. It includes both current and historical views.
You can generate reports of different types according to your own criteria. You can then choose to save the report in the menu and schedule the report to be regenerated and sent to a list of contacts. The report types available are described below.
You can generate the following types of reports for your monitoring objects:
You can generate a report from the log messages archive, by specifying a filter. You can then perform the other report operations listed below.
After you generate a report, you can save it by clicking Save report in the top bar. You can view saved reports in the sub-menu for the relevant report. You can also see a list of all your saved reports in Report > Saved reports.
To edit a report, open it from the menu and click Edit settings in the top bar, then update the settings as described in the report generation pages.
You can export reports in PDF or CSV format.
To export a report, open it from the menu and click As PDF or As CSV in the top bar. OP5 Monitor downloads the document to the default download location on your local computer.
From all report pages, you can create a URL by clicking Permalink in the top bar. You can then link it from elsewhere, such as your quick links bar. For more details, see Customise your quick links bar.
Views are different from reports, in that the data is generated for you. You can customise the views with filtering and perform some other simple operations, depending on the view. You cannot schedule views.
OP5 Monitor includes the following views:
- Alert history
- Event log
For more information, see Event log, alert history, and notifications.
You can schedule the following report types to be regenerated automatically and sent by email to a list of contacts:
- Availability report
- SLA report
- Summary report
- Log messages archive report
To schedule a report:
- Open the report for scheduling in one the following ways:
- Open the report from the menu and click View schedule in the top bar.
- Click Report > Schedule report, then select the report type from the drop-down list.
- Select the saved report from the drop-down list.
- Enter the email addresses of the report recipients, separated by commas.
- Enter a file name for the report. This is the name of the report in recipient emails. If you do not enter a file extension, it defaults to PDF.
- Enter a description and specify whether to attach the description to emails.
- Specify a location on the OP5 Monitor server for the report, as an absolute path, including the file name with the correct .pdf or .csv extension.
- Specify the schedule:
- Enter the time to create and send the report.
- Enter the frequency as a number and unit of time, such as a day.
- Select the days of the week.
- Choose between sending on an instance of a particular day of the week and the last day of the month.
- Click Save.
To edit a scheduled report:
- Click Report > Schedule report.
- In the Scheduled reports list at the bottom of the page, double-click on any field you want to update.
- Click OK to save.
To delete a scheduled report:
- Click Report > Schedule report.
- In the Scheduled reports list at the bottom of the page, click the delete icon next to the schedule you want to delete.
- Click OK.