Event log, alert history, and notifications
The event log, alert history, and notifications views give a history of incidents and notifications in OP5 Monitor.
The event log displays a list of all the events occurring in OP5 Monitor by date, such as alerts, notifications and system restarts. You can filter the information to display.
You access the event log using menu entry Report > Event log.
The alert history view shows all alerts detected by the system. You can perform the following tasks:
- Edit the report settings.
- Generate a permalink to link back to the report, such as in the quick links bar. For more details, see Quick links in User interface.
- Export the report as a PDF or CSV file.
You access the alert history view using menu entry Report > Alert history.
OP5 Monitor includes a list of all notifications in menu entry Report > Notifications > All notifications. You can create filtered notification list views and save them in the sub-menu. For guidance, see Manage list view filters.
View the event log
You can filter out the events you do not want to see and set start and end times.
To view the event log:
- Select the information to display in General options.
- Select the start and end date and time in First time and Last time.
- Select the service states to display in Service state options.
- Select the host states to display in Host state options.
- Select whether to display hard and soft states in State type options.
- Click Update.
View the alert history
You can edit the report settings to filter the type of information shown, as follows:
- Click Edit settings.
- Click Show all to show all monitoring objects, or select the object from the Report type drop-down list.
- If you selected an object type, choose the objects to show in the report.
- Update the report options, as required:
- Select the Reporting period from the drop-down list.
- Select the pre-defined time period from the drop-down list. For more information, see Manage templates and time periods.
- Choose the host and service states to include.
- Choose whether to include hard state types, soft state types, or both.
- Select Include full output to include the full status information from the check in the alert history.
- Select whether to Show downtime alerts, Show flapping alerts, and Show downtime messages.
- Enter a string to use to filter the check output.
- Checker Older entries first to reverse the order of display, with the older entries at the top.
- Enter the number of Items to show.
- Click Update.