Create monitoring visualisations with Geomap
Geomap creates maps to help visualise the locations of objects and the links between objects in geographically diverse systems, such as across a municipality.
Locations and links are attributes added to objects in OP5 Monitor, and the map tiles used to render the map are downloaded from the specified geographic data provider. OpenStreetMap is the default data provider.
Use edit mode for adding and removing locations and links. Locations need to exist before you create links.
Edit mode also includes a search bar for searching for locations using a search term. The map area is not automatically adjusted to include search results, so you need to zoom out to see additional results.
Add locations to the map
Each location can be associated with one of the following OP5 Monitor objects:
- Host group
- Service group
To add a location:
- Click Monitor > Geomap.
- In the Geomap options menu, select Edit mode.
- Double-click on the map to place your location.
- Click Add location in the pop-up window.
- Enter the location name in Label.
- Enter other location details and adjust the latitude and longitude, if required.
- Select the type and name of the OP5 Monitor object to link to this location.
- Click Save.
Add a link between locations
To add a link between locations:
- Click the first of the two locations that you want to link together.
- Click Link in the pop-up window.
- Click the second location and click Link in the pop-up. OP5 Monitor creates a grey line between the two locations.
- If you want to add a description or associate the link with an OP5 Monitor object:
- Click the grey line, then click Edit in the pop-up.
- Enter the Description.
- Select the object you want the link to represent.
- Click Save.
Update the settings
You can update the following optional settings:
- Choose a new data provider.
- Enter an API key for the provider.
- Change the refresh rate.
There are three geographic data service providers available in Geomap:
- OpenStreetMap (default)
- Google Maps
To update the settings:
- Click Geomap options > Settings.
- Select the data provider from the Provider drop-down list.
- If you selected Google Maps or CloudMade as your provider, you can enter an API key to use additional features of the provider's API.
- Change the Geomap refresh rate.