Dockable Manager allows you to create, delete, and modify dockables defined on the Active Console workspace.
There are three types of dockables:
- System dockable (with a yellow background)
- Workspace dockable (with a white background)
- Remote dockable (with a blue background)
To open this dockable, go to Active Console > View > Dockable Manager, or press CTRL + D in the workspace.
The System dockables are mandatory dockables generated by the Active Console. These can neither be modified nor removed.
The following are considered system dockables:
- State Tree
- Gateways View
- Event Ticker
- Output Viewer
- Metrics view
- Search View
- Command Viewer
- Elements Path
- Active Dashboard Palette
The Workspace dockables are mostly user-defined dockables, except for the default dockables generated by the Active Console:
- Managed Entities
- Active Dashboard
- Status Overview
These dockables are editable. You can add, remove, or modify their settings.
These dockables are configured from a remote location specified in the dockable settings.
The icon and type cannot be configured because these properties are retrieved from the remote dockable.
The valid remote locations are:
- Local file system
- Remote file system or UNC shares
The specified remote dockable is not retained in the local workspace, only the given name and reference to the location is. Therefore, the Active Console does not save the changes made to the contents of a remote dockable once it is closed.
Adding a new dockable and editing the properties are only applicable for Workspace and Remote types.
To add a new dockable, follow these steps:
- Click Add in the Dockable Manager.
- Modify the settings in the Dockable Configuration dialog.
- Select the type of workspace.
- Enter the name of the dockable.
- Choose an icon for the dockable.
- Sets the type of close action for the workspace.
- Choose the type of dockable.
- Click OK to save the changes.
The Dockable Configuration allows you to modify the following settings:
Sets the type of workspace.
Options: Workspace, Remote
|Name||Name of the dockable. This must be unique.|
Allows you to change the icon display image.
You can upload any 16 px by 16 px image.
Options: Critical, Warning, OK, Undefined
Type of close action the workspace follows.
Options: Remove, Hide
If the Remove option is chosen, closing a dockable deletes it from the Dockable Manager. Therefore, the dockable is deleted from the Active Console.
Identifies the type of dockable.
Options: Dashboard, List view, Metrics View
Location of the remote dockable.
Use the Browse button to look for and attach the dockable. An HTTP URL can be entered directly.
Note: This is only applicable to the Remote type of dockable.
Also, you can change the order of the dockables in the Dockable Manager.
To arrange the list of dockables, follow these steps:
- Select the dockable you want to move.
- Click Up Arrow or Down Arrow to move the dockable.
The order of the dockables is reflected in the View menu. This is useful to arrange your list of dockables based on their usage, or you can group them together in a predictable or convenient way.
Workspace and Remote dockables can be exported from the workspace to their own files.
Note: A remote dockable can only be exported if it has already been successfully fetched and loaded by the Active Console.
These dockables can then be imported into another workspace:
- To export a dockable, right-click the dockable and click Export.
- To import a dockable, click File > Import menu, then select the dockable you want to import.