Data sets represent a placeholder for different kinds of data collected by the Gateway. Time series is the only type available.
To create a Time Series:
- Select Data sets from the navigation tree in the GSE.
- Click New Time series.
- Provide all required information. See Configuration reference for more information about available options.
- Validate and click Save current document to save the changes.
The time series can be set up by a process external to the Gateway and stored in two tables in the database used for database logging. The tables are:
Stores a set of names and unique IDs. The names are used to map the names
of the time series defined in the Gateway setup to the IDs used in the
There are two values per row:
Stores the time series data.
There are three values per row:
The schema for these tables is available in the Gateway resources directory provided as part of the Gateway bundle. The data is read from the database at Gateway start time and at the reload time defined in the setup.
It is up to an external process to maintain and update the time series tables. This can be controlled using the Gateway scheduled command.
To use this method, select databaseDriven as Type when setting up time series. For more information, see Configuration reference
Before you can configure the database driven time series, you need to configure the database tables:
- Configure database logging. For more information, see MySQL configuration in Gateway Database Logging.
- Ensure that the tables defined in
<gateway directory>/resources/database/<database type>/time-series-schema-1.0.sqlexist.
- Insert data into those tables.