The Reporting Tool allows you to schedule queries that can take snapshots of the system state, and output these snapshots as a saved file locally or as the contents of the search view.
You can open the Reporting Tool in two ways:
- Press CTRL + R.
- Go to Active Console 2 > Tools > Reporting.
To create a report, follow these steps:
- Click Add in the Reports dialog.
- Double-click the Name to provide a name for the report.
- Double-click the Description to configure the search criteria.
- Double-click the Destination to identify the results destination.
- Double-click the Schedule to set the reports schedule. Alternatively, you can right-click each row and select Edit Selected Report.
- Set the Status to Active or Inactive.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Note: If the query is set to Inactive, the system does not trigger the report component. Also, any scheduled report that has file destination can only execute when the Active Console 2 is running.
If you want to run the report without following the schedule, follow these steps:
- Right-click the report you created in the Reports screen.
- Click Run Selected Report.
The report displays in the Search Results dockable:
The output of a query can be either set within the Active Console 2 destination or to your local file.
The ActiveConsole Destination has the following options:
|Show results in||
Specify where to display the results:
|Merge with existing results||Combine the new results into the existing results.|
Identifies the dockable to display the results. This only becomes editable when you select "Other" on the Show results in menu.
|Tab||Specify which tab to display the results. The options vary depending on the type of dockable that you use.|
The File Destination specifies the location of the results destination of a file.
The Report Schedule only appears in the settings of Reporting Tool. You can configure the conditions and timing for the query using a number of possible options:
- Interval — sets a period to hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Days — sets a single day or multiple days in a week. To select multiple days, press and hold CTRL while selecting the day.
- Time — sets the time when to exactly trigger the query.
The Report Settings include the Search Criteria and Results Destination which have similar functionalities in Search Function and Search Dockable