Export and import Opspack
You may wish to easily exchange a Host Template with another Opsview Monitor instance of with the Opsview Community. This section will show you how to export an Opspack from the Host Templates page. For more details on Opspacks, see Opspacks.
Click on specific Host Template’s contextual menu.
Select Export Opspack.
Confirm by clicking Export.
Your browser client will download the Host Template to your computer to the folder you have selected.
If importing custom Java-based plugins, we recommend ensuring that any version of Log4j used is >= 2.17.1, to mitigate vulnerabilities:
- Click the ‘Import Opspack’ button on the top left of the page.
At this point you may get an error if imports have not been enabled by your Opsview Administrator:
Import Opspack functionality has been disabled by default on new installations.
You can still import Monitoring Plugins or Opspacks via the command line. Please contact your System Administrator for assistance.
To enable this feature, set the following variable in
and then re-run the orchestrator-install.yml playbook. You can then carry on as follows:
- Click ‘Browse’.
- From your computer, select the file you wish to import.
- Select ‘Upload’.
The loader will display either of the follow:
- Import: A new Opspack file ready to be imported.
- Existing: An existing Opspack file ready to be overwritten.
- Error: An error has occurred during the upload process
- Select ‘Import’ or ‘Overwrite’.
Opsview Monitor will prompt you when the Opspack has been successfully completed.