The Refactor Paths can modify an existing path in your list view or dashboard, given the data item type and current value. This is useful if you want to change an XPath that is used by multiple dashboards. Instead of editing the property of each dashboard, you can refactor their common path to change its value.
To open this tool, go to Active Console > Tools > Refactor Paths.
This gives you two main modes:
- Basic — refactor a path by identifying the data item, property, and current path value.
- Advanced — refactor a path by editing its properties in the Path Editor.
NoteBeginning Active Console 5.5.x, the Managed Entity display name is used in the user readable path.
Refactor a path Copied
To refactor a path in Basic mode:
- Select the Basic Mode option in the Refactor Paths.
- Click Add . A new row appears in the list.
- Double-click the row in the Data Item Type column.
- Select the item type of the path that you want to refactor.
- Double-click the row in the Property column.
- Select between the “Name” or “ID” of the data item type to be refactored.
- Double-click the row in the Current Value column.
- Enter the value of the path to change. If the Current Value field matches a path in the Active Console, this automatically displays in the Affected Paths group.
- Double-click the corresponding row in the New Value column to enter a new value for the path. The Refactor button becomes enable.
- Select the paths you want to refactor.
- Click Refactor.
The Refactor Results screen displays the old path and its new value.
Other features of the Refactor Paths Copied
The Refactor Paths also allows you to:
Create File — allows you to create and save a new file when all definitions are set up. When you import the saved file into a new workspace, it displays all definitions created within the file and shows the affected paths within the Active Console that match.
NoteIf you make specific selections on each path before creating a new file, this resets your path selection. Creating a new file selects all the paths.
Disable Filtering — displays all paths in the Active Console. However, only the following list views and areas in Active Console can have their paths refactored:
- metrics view.
- system tray.
- dashboard item modifiers.
- list views.
Highlight Selected Definitions — if enabled, the affected paths are highlighted. Otherwise, highlights are removed.