Create a Baseline View
Using a saved Baseline View is a great way to give you a head start in Forward Thinking. It gets you looking at the areas of the IT infrastructure you know you want to be focused on right away, or the date range that you are concerned with.
When creating a Baseline View, you can either start from scratch using the default setup, or you can use the existing Baseline View as your starting point.
Create a new Baseline View
To create a new Baseline View, follow these steps:
From Capacity Planner welcome screen, open the project you want to work with. A project home page opens with accordions representing different areas of Capacity Planner.
Open the Baseline View accordion and click Create a new view. The Create new baseline view dialog box opens.
Enter the name of your new Baseline View.
Using the calendar, select a date range for the data to be shown in the new Baseline View. Dates where data is available for display in your view are shown in bold.
- You can create a range with a lower and upper boundary, or without. For example, you may want to have a start date for you data, but not end date
- The selected date range is highlighted in the calendar in green, and also displayed above the calendar.
The Baseline View editor opens displaying your newly created Baseline View. Once the Baseline View is created, you can customize it using the tools in the Baseline View editor.
Save changes as a new Baseline View
You can save an existing Baseline View as a new view. This is useful when you customize it and want to use it as a new default view but still keep the original setup in a different view.
To save changes as a new Baseline View, follow these steps:
- Open the Baseline View that you wish to use as the basis for your new view.
- From the application menu bar, select Baseline > Save as new view . A dialog box opens.
- Enter the name for your new Baseline View.
- Adjust the date range for your new view, or leave the current dates.
- Click Save.
The new Baseline View is generated.
Save changes to the current Baseline View
Unlike Forward Thinking scenarios, Baseline View is not auto saved. If you customise your Baseline View and want to save the changes, do the following:
- From the application menu bar, select Baseline > Save changes or if you want to close the Baseline View editor and go to the list of all available views, select Baseline > Save & close.
The Baseline View is saved under the current name.