You use SLA reports to map against Service Level Agreements (SLAs). You can use them to directly view and follow up your SLAs.
You create SLA reports using menu entry Report > SLA > Create SLA Report.
Create an SLA report
When you are in the SLA report creation page, you can switch to the availability report page by clicking the Switch to Availability report link.
To create an SLA report:
- Select the monitoring object from the Report type drop-down list.
- Choose the objects to show in the report.
- Select the report settings, as described in the table below.
Option Description Reporting period The period of the report. If you select Custom, enter the start and end year and month. Report time period Pre-defined time period, as described in Manage templates and time periods. SLA calculation method
This value depends on your network configuration and how you calculate your SLA values.
- Group availability (worst state) — the worst state of a group at any point in time.
- Average — average values for the group or object. Note that this is not the preferred option for SLAs.
- Cluster mode (best state) — the best state of a cluster at any point in time.
Host states to include Host states to include in the report. Count scheduled downtime as Counting it as Uptime, with difference is the same as counting it as uptime, but includes information about the difference from counting it as downtime. Count program downtime as Whether you want to assume the previous state still applies when OP5 Monitor is not running. State types Whether to show hard state types, soft state types, or both. Time zone Time zone to use for the report. Include alerts log Whether to include a log of alerts. This can slow down report generation. Include BSM events Whether to include a detailed history of events related to business services. This is only available if the top-level business service element is published as a service. For more information, see Create a new business service in Monitor business services. Include summary report
Whether to include a summary report. This can slow down report generation. For more information, see Summary report.
Whether to display the host alias in the report as well as the host name. For more information, see Host options in Manage templates and time periods. Include performance graphs Whether to include any performance graphs, if available. Skin The skin to use. This affects the visual elements of the report, and is used in both HTML and PDF reports. Description A description to include in the report header. Enter SLA Values for each month as percentages. Only the months specified in the reporting period are available.
- Click Show report.
The SLA report
The SLA report displays one section per object specified.
Each SLA section includes:
- A breakdown graph, with each month showing the percentage of fulfilled and breached SLAs by colour.
- A table displaying the same data in figures.
- A list of all the objects included in the object, such as hosts in a host group.
You can perform the following from the report:
- Click a graph to see the availability report for the same period; you can also edit the availability report settings from that page.
- Click an object in the list below the report to view an SLA report for that object.
- Any of the general report functions, such as save, edit, and export the report. For guidance, see Reports in Introduction to reporting.
Once you have saved the report, you can also schedule the report. For guidance, see Schedule reports in Introduction to reporting.