One useful report in OP5 Monitor is the Top alert producers report. This report is created from the Alert summary. The Top alert producers report makes it easy to identify the biggest problem producers in your environment monitored by OP5 Monitor.
- Click Alert Summary in the main menu.
- Select Custom report mode.
- Select all hostgroups.
- Select a Report period.
- Select Summary type and set it to Top alert producers.
- Leave the Alert Types with the default value as shown:
- Choose Hard states for State Types.
- Choose only the problems states for both hosts and services.
- Set the number of Items to show in the resulting report. If you have a large environment with many hosts,
you may want to increase the number of shown items.
- Click Show Report.
Now we have a report ready to be examined.
This report can be used as a guide to help you to minimise the number of false alerts and notifications.
Alert summary reports are useful from time to time. So when you have created a new one you will probably like to use that one an other time. Then it is a good idea to save it.
- Create an Alert summary report like you did in Creating a Top alert producers report, show the report then:
- Click Save report.
- Enter a name for the report and click Create Summary Report.
For the exact same reason as it is to schedule an availability report or a SLA report you might want to schedule an alert summary report.
Trends display a graphic view of status on a host or a service during a selected time period. This graphical view is reached from Availability reports.
An event log displays a list of all events that has occurred in OP5 Monitor. It shows you everything from alerts and notifications to OP5 Monitorservice restarting.
In the OP5 Monitor event log you can view every event that took place in OP5 Monitor filter out any kind of events you do not want to see set the start and end time of the logs you like to view.
Click the Event log icon in the main menu and there you go.
Everything, except for Initial and logrotation states, are shown by default.
The event log view is divided into two parts:
In the filtering, you can change what type of events you like to show and also between what dates you would like to view logs for. The logs are grouped by hours to make it a bit easier to find what you are looking for.
The alert history view is a view for all alerts that has been detected by the system.
In the OP5 Monitor alert history you can:
- View every alert that took place in OP5 Monitor
- Filter out any kind of alerts you do not want to see
- Set the start and end time of the alerts you like to view.
Click Alert history icon in the main menu, and you see an unfiltered list of alerts.
The list can be long. Try applying a filter to it by using the filter options. You can access them through the Edit settings icon.
In the appearing dialog you can filter you alert history view.
By checking the check box Show all it is possible to filter the view on hostgroups, hosts, services and servicegroups as well.
Select the checkbox Include full output to get the status information from the check in the alert history as well.