OP5 Monitor includes a wiki, which can be used for documenting any host or service, including hostgroups and service groups. It will generate individual pages for each. It also has built-in versioning, so you can view and track changes in wiki pages and restore an older version. You can use the wiki to document:
- hardware information, serial numbers, and other information about a host or service;
- how to act when there is a problem with a host or service.
The official Dokuwiki manual can be found here: http://www.dokuwiki.org/manual
To create a wiki page for a host or service:
- Go to the host, service, hostgroup, or servicegroup where you seek to create a page;
- Click the wrench icon to edit the page;
- Click on the Advanced tab;
- Scroll down to 'notes_url' and click Use wiki. This will add a notes URL to a wiki page:
- Click Submit, then click to Save your configuration;
- Find the object in List View and click on Extra notes icon in the Actions column. It looks like a pen against a white note on top of a monitor:
- Click on Create page;
- Edit the information and click on Save.
Here are some default locations that clicking the button will generate. Note that each of these consider the Apache
root content page as their root (that is: "/var/www/html"):
|object||notes URL default|