The Search function allows you to define a search over all the data items known to the Active Console 2.
The search function can be accessed:
- On the Tools menu at the top of the application.
- By pressing CTRL + F.
- By clicking Search on the menu bar.
The Basic search option provides pre-configured settings that need to be enabled and selected to match the desired data items.
There are the fields and options that you can modify:
Type of data item you are searching.
Example value: Gateway, Directory, Probe, Entity, Sampler, Dataview, Cell, Headline
|With name||Use special characters, such as asterisk (*) and question mark (?) for wildcards.|
Specifies the severity.
Example value: Critical, Warning, OK, Undefined
|With state||Includes the User assigned, Snoozed, and Active options.|
Search for any data item per assignee.
This only works if:
|With entity attributes||Specify the entity attributes you set in the workspace settings.|
By default, search results display on the Search Results tab in the Search Results dockable.
The results are displayed in a form of a list view. Using the target settings at the bottom of the search dialog, you can also send the results to:
- A new tab in the search view dockable.
- A new list view dockable, and therefore create a new tab.
- An existing list view dockable, at which point you are able to select the tab to place the results in, which can be a new tab.
The Advanced search allows you to search for any data items by specifying a path.
To perform an advance search, follow these steps:
- Go to Search > Advanced.
- Click Add.
- Click the row to enter the actual path of the data item.
- Alternatively, click the row and click the ellipsis button to edit the path.
- Click Search.
Example of a path used in the Advanced search: