Note: Publish to Grafana is available only as a technology preview.
Grafana is an open source analytics and monitoring tool which can be used to visualise data from Gateway Hub and create alerts. If you have existing Grafana installs, you can seamlessly integrate data from Gateway Hub into your current dashboards.
You should already have Grafana installed and configured. For more information consult the Grafana getting started documentation.
You should be familiar with the use of Grafana from the web interface. To learn more about using Grafana see the Grafanagetting started guide.
Grafana plug-ins allow you to add new data sources from external applications. To install the ITRS Geneos Gateway Hub Datasource:
- Download the
grafana-geneos-datasource.<version>.tgzfrom ITRS Downloads
- Extract the file into the Grafana plug-ins directory, the default location is
- Install the plugin using the
For more information on installing Grafana plug-ins see grafana.com.
Note: The ITRS Geneos Gateway Hub Datasource is only compatible with the Gateway Hub of the same version.
To add a new data source:
- Navigate to your Home Dashboard.
- Select Configuration > Data Sources from the sidebar.
- Click Add data source.
- Select the ITRSGeneosGateway HubDatasource.
- Specify the following options:
- Name — the name for the datasource in Grafana.
- URL — the REST API endpoint of the Gateway Hub in the form
- Skip TLS Verify — checked.
All other options can be left at their default value.
- Click Save & Test. You should see a notification to indicate that the data source is correctly configured.
Caution: This feature is currently a technology preview and authentication is not available. This feature should not be used in production environments.
To visualise data from Gateway Hub you can create a new panel in a new or existing Grafana dashboard.
To display data from Gateway Hub:
- Open a dashboard or create a new dashboard.
- Click the Add Panel button.
- Click Add Query.
- Set the Query to the Gateway HubDatasource using the name you specified above.
- Configure the Query using the following options:
- Filter— a filter specified in the entity filter syntax, see Entity filter syntax.
- Group By — the attributes included in the Query.
- Metrics — he metric and aggregations used in the Query.
- Click Visualisation.
- Configure the graphical representation of your data.
- Click General.
- Configure the Panel information.
- Click Save Dashboard.
Note: Grafana will validate your dashboard's configuration before saving and alert you to any errors.