This topic explains how to create a schema manually. If you are not familiar with schemas, see Schema overview.
You can also use a built-in Geneos command that generates a schema definition for you. See Propose a schema.
To define a schema manually, perform the following:
- Open your Gateway Setup Editor.
- Navigate to the Publishing tab of the sampler you want to make a schema for.
- In Schema > Dataviews, click Add new.
You must provide an entry for each dataview in the sampler that requires a schema definition.
- In the Dataview field, enter the name of the dataview.
- In the Schema field, choose
- Click Data.
- Add as many new Headlines and Columns entries as you require.
- In the Name field, add the name of the headline or column in the dataview.
- Under options, choose the type of data represented by the headline or column.
If you choose
Float64, select the appropriate Unit of measure.
- (Optional) If the dataview is pivoted, tick the box by Pivot.
- Close the tab.
- Click Validate . Review any errors.
- Click Save .
For more information about types, units of measure, and pivoting, see Gateway integration technical reference.