A Capacity Planner project helps you focus your efforts and achieve the goals of your organisation. . It is a collection of your data from which you can create and view powerful visualisations using Baseline View and plan scenarios using Forward Thinking.
A list of available projects is the first thing you see on the Capacity Planner welcome screen when you log in. After selecting a project you can start working with Baseline View, Forward Thinking and Reporting.
A project is a container for your IT infrastructure data. Data is not shared between projects, so you can use multiple projects to represent different isolated parts of an estate.
The following are examples of what a project can represent:
- If you have data centres in different regions, you can create separate projects for each region: EMEA, APAC and America.
- You can use a project to model specific scenarios, for example, transform physical servers to virtual servers to reduce the number of data centres.
- You may have different users managing different parts of the estate. Each user gets a different project instead of every user having access to all data.
Projects are created during the implementation of ITRS Capacity Planner. The implementation is carried out by your account representative.
To see an example list of requirements to implement Capacity Planner, see Prerequisites.
Projects are configured during the implementation of ITRS Capacity Planner. If you would like to change any of the project settings, please contact your account representative.
You can check the current configuration of your project to see the applied settings and metrics. To do it, perform one of these actions:
- On the Capacity Planner welcome screen, click Options next to the required project and select Project configuration.
- Open the required project and then, from the top right menu bar open the Project menu and select Configuration.
A list of available projects is the first thing you see on the Capacity Planner welcome screen when you log in. After selecting a required project, you can start working with the Baseline View, Forward Thinking or Reporting.
When working with Capacity Planner, you can switch between projects at any time using the Project menu in the top right of the menu bar. To navigate back to the welcome screen with the list of all projects, click the ITRS Capacity Planner logo in the top left corner of the screen.